22.3.12

Brussel sprouts nutrition, Pico the gallo recipe.

I recently found out that Brussel sprouts and Brocoli both fight colds.

  1. Brussel sprouts are rich in protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. 
  2. They protect you from certain types of cancer.
  3. Excellent source of vitamin C (eat if you have a cold).
  4. Antioxidant vitamins help you stay younger. 
  5. Helps prevent retinal damage. 
  6. Will help you get beautiful skin and better vision.
  7. Lots of vitamin K help your bones, neuronal activity and prevent or delay Alzheimer's.
  8. Rich in copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and iron (eat if you have Anemia).
After washing in clean water, soak in salt water to remove dust and insects eggs. 


Here I added Brussel sprout to my Pico de gallo because I had a cold. 
My Pico de gallo recipe.

4-5 tomatoes 
1/4 red onion
lots and lots of cilantro
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Jalapenos (I go without since I can't take spicy foods)
I added 3 brussel sprouts (Not found in traditional Pico de gallo)

Chop tomatoes, onions, brussel sprouts, cilantro, garlic and Jalapenos. 
Add olive oil, salt and pepper, mix well.
Refrigerate for 3 hours and eat with chips, tacos, anything! 
Enough for two people. Enjoy!

Keep in mind that I like lots of onions, cilantro and garlic in my food, if you don't like them as much add less of this ingredient. If you want to make more Pico the gallo just add tomatoes, also if you find it's too spicy, add tomatoes for sweetness. 

Want More Like This?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...