25.11.12

I'm a mom now! And a poem.



If you remember me you might wonder where I went.

I haven't been hiding under a rock...
I didn't move back to Cuba...
I did not fall off the planet.

Still my life has been greatly shaken in the past few months.


Long story short
  • I got pregnant after trying for only 5 years.
  • Since we tried for so long I didn't realize I was pregnant and thought I was sick and dying.
  • Finally believed that I was at 2 months.
  • I started cooking.
  • Had a baby prematurely at 6 months! It's a girl!
  • She's been in the hospital for 6 weeks and 5 days.
  • She might come home in 4 weeks.




Now even though I haven't been blogging I've been doing other things:


  • Reading a lot about pregnancy and premature babies.
  • Making baby clothes.
  • Finding patterns.
  • Writing poems, mostly for my little darling.
  • I almost moved to the hospital.
  • Pumping milk and pumping milk and pumping some more! 




Do I have things to share on my blog?    Yes!


  • Gorgeous handmade blankets, some of which came all the way from Cuba!
  • Baby clothes.
  • A pregnant paper doll and a baby paper doll! Been drawing baby clothes like a mad woman!
  • Drawings of course. 
  • Preemie patterns. 
  • Lots of poems.



There's only one thing I don't have yet and that is pictures. I will make time for that.
You will love my crochet booties with ribbon flowers! 

Don't worry, I am not going to write about how my daughter is the most gorgeous little girl in the world.

Even though she might be!



Here is a poem I wrote for my angel.

LETTER TO SANTA CLAUS

Santa Claus of long grey beard,
Never did I ask for gifts
But this Christmas with much hope
I expect a little thing.

I don't play games or want toys.
I don't need friends or a pet.
For a gift I want an angel
And please I want her to stay.

My angel is six weeks old.
Daughter of friendship and love
But like angels who come early
At the hospital she stayed.

I want her at home for Christmas,
Cookies I'll leave out for you
And come next year, I promise
I'll play to be Santa Claus!


Anybody else thinking of Christmas?

Want More Like This?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...