28.4.13

Jessica, A Recycled Dancer Paper Doll To Color.

Meet Jessica, my new recycled paper doll. She likes to dance.
I finished her in a few hours. 
I named her after I girl she looks like. 
Everybody needs an evening gown
I had this particular design stuck in my head for a while.


And here is my masterpiece. 
The lower costume is that of a conga dancer
 Costumes similar to this one are worn by carnival dancers in Cuba.
The costume girls dance on a carroza or carriage,
Behind them come the men playing the music the girls dance to,
And behind them, the comparsa, 
this is a huge train of anyone who wants to dance to some conga.
This is where I came in. I miss carnival time in Cuba. 

The feather boots are without doubt, the centerpiece of this costume.
I drew them to give the costume a more carnivalistic look.
Of course no girl should dance the conga wearing boots
under that unforgiving Cuban sun, I hope there's air conditioning on the blogosphere.


You might recognize the top design to be a belly dancer costume.
There's no shortage of those on this blog.
On this costume I drew my very first tattoo, it had to be a peacock feather.
There's also no shortage of those on this blog.
My obsession with belly dancers and peacocks is no secret.







Want More Like This?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...