15.10.13

Alie, Children's Story Character Paper Doll


I was hired to design a few characters for a movie on Freelanced.com
Based on the book The Untold Legends Of The Lost Treasure
The writer asked for a beautiful girl in a black and white dress amongst other characters.

So I drew her as a paper doll, wearing modern dresses

I went out of my way to not make her look like a fashion model
since I draw them so often.
Instead I wanted a realistic feel to her body
With an anime inspired face,
And the hair, honey colored, finished my brown pen!

Talking more with the author I found out the story is set in 1895 England
Nearing the end of the Victorian Era.
And I said to Simon Kang, the author, I better change the costumes
Because unless they time traveled these dresses are not appropiate for the time.

So I printed her face, erased even her hair and re-dressed her!
Which was not a problem at all! I was excited to do it!
She looks like a princess now!

I will share more illustrations later as well as more info on the movie



For now you can follow my Historical Fashion Boards on Pinterest

Vintage, The Old Is New Again

And my paper doll board



Want More Like This?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...